PHASE 5 COVID PROTOCOLS
PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA
Effective Monday, 4 October 2021, phase 5 of Nova Scotia's reopening plan will be in effect with a cautious approach. Most restrictions will be lifted while some will remain in place:
· Masks will still be required in indoor public places.
· Proof of full vaccination will be required for non-essential events and activities.
· There will no longer be a requirement for physical distance.
· There will no longer be gathering limits for events hosted by a recognized business or organization. The informal gathering limits of 25 people indoors and 50 outdoors will remain in place.
· Current border restrictions will remain in place and be expanded to include people coming from PEI and Newfoundland and Labrador. That means self-isolation will still be required after travel for people who aren’t fully vaccinated (at least 7 days plus 2 negative tests). International travellers will continue to follow federal requirements.
· Otherwise, the only restrictions that will remain in place for the general population are those related to management of COVID-19 cases. For example, people with symptoms must still get tested, isolate while they wait for results and continue to isolate if they test positive.